Georgia Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Motorcycle Injury Lawyers You Can Count On
Motorcycles are perfect for city driving because they get amazing mileage, and they’re so easy to park. But automobile drivers don’t always look out for motorcycles.
When serious accidents happen, motorcycle riders are especially vulnerable because bikes don’t have the same safety features as cars. Even though motorcycles are involved in just one percent of crashes in Georgia, in a recent year, motorcycle riders represented 22 percent of all vehicle operator fatalities.
Motorcycle riders have the same right to use the road as everybody else. If you were seriously injured due to unsafe road conditions or a careless driver put you in danger, contact the Georgia Trial Attorneys at Butler Prather LLP.
Call (706) 322-1990 to schedule a complimentary consultation today.
Why Choose Our GA Motorcycle Accident Injury Lawyers
Butler Prather LLP is a premier civil trial law firm. We’ve won nine verdicts that were each over $100 million, and we’ve also won over 60 verdicts and settlements that were larger than $10 million.
Our firm understands the unique challenges that motorcycle riders face when you’ve been catastrophically injured in an accident. The Georgia personal injury attorneys at Butler Prather LLP will negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf, and we’re always prepared to go to court if the other side refuses to make a realistic offer.
Our team will investigate the accident and file a claim against anyone who acted with negligence. This will help you get the money you need to cover your expenses, such as medical bills and time missed from work.
We have offices conveniently located in Columbus, Savannah and Atlanta to serve you. Butler Prather LLP has earned a national reputation by winning large settlements for clients in over 30 states.
Motorcycle Riding and Commuting in Atlanta
Georgia is a great place to ride a motorcycle. Whether you’re commuting to work or enjoying a ride out in the countryside, you can’t beat the convenience, fun, and freedom you get when you’re out on your bike.
Atlanta is a world-class city where you can still find Southern hospitality. But like any big city, it has congested roads and long commutes. The area contains some dangerous stretches of road where you’ll want to be extra careful, including I-75, I-285, and I-20 from Exit 71 to Exit 65.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Georgia?
Most motorcycle owners are cautious riders who follow the rules of the road. And when accidents occur, it’s usually an unsafe driver’s fault. When other people make careless maneuvers, motorcycle riders are often the ones who suffer the consequences.
Drivers who make hasty decisions cause tragic consequences for motorcycle riders and their passengers. When people neglect to look out for motorcycles or make lane changes without checking their blind spots, it results in devastating injuries for motorcyclists.
Roadway hazards are another major threat to motorcycles. Obstacles left behind by careless work crews, objects that fall out of trucks, and debris in the road that can cause you to lose traction contribute to several crashes every year.
The following types of unsafe driver behavior lead to countless deaths and injuries for motorcycle riders on the roads of Georgia:
- Hurried left turns
- Failure to yield
- Aggressive driving
- Distracted driving
- Careless merging
- Unsafe lane changes
- Uneven surfaces and drop-offs
- Sand, gravel, and slippery surfaces
Injuries Suffered by Motorcycle Riders
An automobile is designed to protect drivers and their passengers when an accident occurs. Seat belts, airbags, and reinforced cabins provide protection against the impact of a collision. But motorcycle riders have none of these defenses.
When drivers make dangerous decisions, they cause severe injuries to bikers, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Head trauma
- Broken bones
- Internal bleeding
- Loss of limb
- Crush injuries
- Nerve damage
- Road rash
- Third- and fourth-degree burns
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
Nobody goes out for a ride expecting to be harmed by another driver. But when tragedy strikes, you’ll want to keep a cool head. Following these steps will help minimize the damage and assist your recovery:
- Pull over to the side of the road if your vehicle is operational, and safely get out of the roadway if you are able to move.
- Check for injuries that you or your passenger may have suffered.
- Dial 911 to summon first responders, who will provide assistance and medical support.
- Seek medical attention even if your injuries don’t seem that serious. These issues can grow much worse over time. And make sure to attend all your medical appointments and follow your doctor’s advice.
- Take photos of the accident scene using your cell phone if you feel up to it. If you require immediate medical attention, you can ask a friend to take accident scene photos for you.
- Collect contact information from witnesses and drivers who were involved in the accident.
- Write down your recollections of what happened during the accident to help you remember events more clearly.
- Don’t talk about the accident with anybody besides your attorney, and don’t reveal details about it on social media.
- Contact a motorcycle accident attorney right away.
How Your Georgia Motorcycle Accident Attorney Can Help
Motorcycle crashes cause catastrophic injuries. You may require extensive medical treatment, and it could be a long time before you’re able to go back to work. In fact, your injuries could be so severe that they prevent you from ever resuming the lifestyle you enjoyed before the accident.
If you don’t have a formidable personal injury attorney by your side, the insurance company will try to take advantage of you. They’ll make you a lowball offer that isn’t close to what you need to get better.
A Georgia motorcycle accident personal injury claim includes the following types of damages:
- Medical costs
- Lost wages
- Medical devices
- Pain and suffering
- Ambulance rides
- Emergency room care
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Damage to future earnings potential
- Wheelchair ramps for your home
- Wrongful death
Schedule a FREE Consultation Today
At Butler Prather LLP, we always listen to our clients and treat you with respect. And we’ll never back down from anybody when it comes to fighting for your rights.
Call (706) 322-1990 to learn more today.
- Motorcycle License - Georgia Department of Driver Services
- Motorcycle Safety - NHTSA
- Motorcycle and ATV Fatality Facts