Savannah Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Motorcycle accidents can often lead to permanently disabling or other catastrophic injuries, which can represent a serious financial burden to the families of a victim. If you or a loved one recently suffered losses in a motorcycle accident, you need guidance from a Savannah personal injury lawyer. The Savannah motorcycle accident attorneys at Butler Prather LLP have years of experience in liability law and are well-equipped to take on your case. Contact us at (706) 322-1990 to schedule a free case evaluation.
- As a firm, we have more than 30 years of experience involving cases just like yours. In our time practicing law, we have represented clients in more than 30 states.
- We have proven results when it comes to representing our clients. We have multiple settlements over $100 million, including the largest collected judgment in the United States.
- We choose our cases selectively, so we can devote our full attention and resources to your case. Many of our cases come from other attorneys since they are aware of our reputation for success.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Motorcycles can provide a great form of recreation, but they are also a dangerous way to travel. Since drivers do not naturally exercise the same care around motorcycles as they do cars, these types of accidents often lead to serious injury or fatality. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 5,286 motorcyclists lost their lives in accidents throughout the United States in 2016. In Georgia, there were 208 fatalities within the state in 2017.
In Savannah, serious motorcycle collisions are relatively common on Interstate 95, Interstate 16, Veterans Parkway, and Truman Parkway among others.
Even when a motorcycle accident does not lead to death, victims often incur a serious injury that requires extensive care. Traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and road rash requiring skin grafting are all possibilities.
What to Do After a Savannah Motorcycle Accident
The steps that you take immediately after a motorcycle accident could help protect your right to compensation under Georgia law. Anyone who suffers property damage or injuries in a Savannah motorcycle accident should take the following steps to protect their right to compensation.
- File a police report. Include a statement for the police report as soon as possible. Often, a motorcyclist’s injuries require immediate medical care, which may make waiting for a responding officer impossible. However, it’s essential to include a statement of what happened, as insurance companies will often use the report in their own investigation.
- Never admit fault. Motorcyclists should never accept culpability for an accident, even if they think they were partially responsible. This could make receiving compensation for an accident more difficult.
- Contact a Savannah motorcycle accident attorney. A lawyer with experience in motorcycle accidents can effectively defend a victim's rights and demand fair compensation for tangible and intangible losses.
Why You Need a Savannah Motorcycle Collision Attorney
The laws that govern motorcycle accidents in the state of Georgia can be difficult to navigate. Investigating these types of claims can involve several factors, such as the actions of the other driver, any applicable municipal laws, and even the weather conditions at the time of the crash.
If a motorcycle accident is the fault of another driver, his or her insurance company will have to compensate the victim for any damages that result. These include, but are not limited to:
- Compensation for economic damages. Examples of economic damages include medical bills, lost wages, property damage, and the cost of expected future medical care.
- Reimbursement for general damages. These intend to compensate for the intangible losses the plaintiff suffers, such as physical pain and suffering, loss of life quality, and more.
The severity of injuries typically involved in motorcycle claims and the complexity of the laws that surround them require the help of a Georgia motorcycle accident attorney. Contact Butler Prather LLP today at (706) 322-1990 to schedule a free review of your legal options.