Atlanta Catastrophic Injury Lawyers
Catastrophic injuries often result in significant physical, emotional, and financial setbacks for those in Atlanta. At Butler Prather LLP, our team is here to help if you need an Atlanta catastrophic injury lawyer by your side. We understand the magnitude of these claims, and we will make sure that you are not taken advantage of by other parties involved. Let us get to work helping you secure compensation for your losses today.
Why Choose Butler Prather, LLP for a Catastrophic Injury Claim?
- At Butler Prather, LLP, we have a track record of success in recovering the compensation our clients truly deserve.
- We believe that the most serious cases need the most serious lawyers, particularly when it comes to standing up against aggressive insurance carriers and legal teams.
- We never shy away from taking a claim to trial. We will not settle for less than you deserve just because a settlement may be quicker. We want to make sure that you receive the long-term care that you need.
Atlanta Catastrophic Injury Resources & FAQs
Types of Atlanta Catastrophic Injury Claims We Handle?
Our team handles a wide variety of types of catastrophic injury claims, including the following:
- Spinal cord injuries. Depending on the severity of the spinal cord injury in Atlanta, an individual may experience complete or partial paralysis that lasts the remainder of their life.
- Traumatic brain injuries. Traumatic brain injuries can lead to significant setbacks, including physical and cognitive impairment.
- Severe burn injuries. Those who sustained severe burn injuries may need to undergo extensive surgical care as well as long-term rehabilitation and physical therapy. Burn injuries typically leave scarring and disfigurement.
- Amputation and crush injuries. Individuals who lose a limb or lose the ability to use a limb will likely undergo significant lifestyle changes, and this can affect their ability to work and carry out day-to-day activities.
This is certainly not a complete list of the types of catastrophic injuries that we help clients with. If you have any questions about your particular situation, please contact our team for a free consultation. We will not hesitate to point you in the right direction for your case.
The Long-Term Consequences of a Catastrophic Injury
The long-term consequences of a catastrophic injury are what makes these claims so different from typical Atlanta personal injury claims. Major injuries like the ones we discussed typically result in significant changes for the victim and their family members. These drastic changes represent the importance of moving forward with maximum compensation.
Catastrophic injuries will likely affect a person’s ability to work, and these injuries typically reduce a person’s day-to-day activities, including their ability to spend time with their families, enjoy their hobbies, or do things as simple as help out around the house.
Sometimes, catastrophic injury victims are able to make a full or mostly complete recovery, but that is not always the case. Individuals who experience traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, or amputations, may experience lifelong disabilities, scarring, and disfigurement.
Types of Compensation Available for a Catastrophic Injury Claim in Atlanta, GA
At Butler Prather, LLP, our goal is to help Atlanta catastrophic injury victims recover “special” and “general” damages.
- Special damages. These are often referred to as economic damages, and this revolves around the expenses that are calculable after a catastrophic injury occurs. By gathering receipts, estimates, bills, and invoices, we can help properly calculate the following types of damages clients should be paid:
- Emergency medical expenses
- All follow-up doctor visits
- Prescription medications
- Medical devices
- The cost of modifying homes or vehicles
- Transportation costs to and from doctor visits
- Property damage expenses
- Lost income is a victim is unable to work
- Compensation for various out-of-pocket expenses
- General damages. These are also referred to as non-economic damages, but they are not as easy to calculate as the economic costs just mentioned. These types of losses are more immeasurable because they are not necessarily invisible, and there are not direct bills or receipts. Some of the most common types of non-economic damages that we help clients recover compensation for include coverage for their:
- Emotional and psychological pain and suffering
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life
What Will an Atlanta Catastrophic Injury Attorney do to Help Your Claim?
A catastrophic injury lawyer in Atlanta will be a valuable asset when it comes to recovering full compensation for your losses. These claims are very challenging, particularly because the at-fault party and their insurance carrier will not want to pay the compensation you are owed. They will work to undermine any proof showing liability, and they may even try to shift some of the blame onto the incident to the injury victim.
A skilled Atlanta, GA personal injury attorney will use their resources to conduct a complete investigation into the catastrophic injury incident. This will include gathering surveillance footage, eyewitness statements, photographs, and any records related to the incident. Additionally, an attorney will handle all communication with other parties, including complex negotiations for a fair settlement.
When working to properly calculate total expected losses, a Georgia catastrophic injury lawyer will ensure that their client is evaluated by trusted medical professionals to help put a dollar amount on the damages. Ultimately, it may be necessary to have medical, economic, and financial experts testify at a personal injury trial to recover complete compensation.
Call an Atlanta, GA Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Today
If you or somebody you care about has sustained a severe injury caused by the negligent or careless actions of another individual or entity in the Atlanta area, contact Butler Prather, LLP today. Our team has an extensive track record of success in recovering compensation for clients who have sustained major injuries, and we will stand up to the insurance carriers and legal teams involved. When you need an Atlanta or Columbus catastrophic injury lawyer, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by filling out our contact form or calling us at (866) 615-8140.