Columbus, GA, Intersection Accident Attorneys
Top-Tier Representation for Intersection Accident Victims in Columbus, GA
When drivers refuse to follow the rules, people are going to get hurt. Careless drivers at intersections are a serious threat to everyone on the road, including pedestrians, cyclists, motorcycle riders, and people traveling in motor vehicles.
Columbus, Georgia, is a beautiful city with lots of fun things to do, like visiting Flat Rock Park or going for a walk or bike ride along the 22-mile Chattahoochee RiverWalk. Over the last few decades, the population in Georgia has grown dramatically, and many communities have failed to upgrade their infrastructure accordingly. This has created unsafe conditions at intersections throughout the state. Dangerous intersections in Columbus include First Ave & 13th St and Macon Rd & Interstate 185.
At Butler Prather LLP, we’ve been helping accident victims in Columbus for over 35 years. If you’re suffering from catastrophic injuries, our experienced trial attorneys will file a claim or lawsuit to help you get the money you need to cover the cost of your medical bills and other expenses.
Butler Prather LLP has won nine verdicts that exceed $100 million and over 60 verdicts and settlements of over $10 million. Our firm partners have been recognized by Super Lawyers, an independent rating agency for law firms, for providing our clients with superior service.
Give us a call at (706) 322-1990 to schedule a FREE consultation today.
What Causes Intersection Accidents in Columbus, GA?
Intersections are the most dangerous places on the road. The two major causes of intersection accidents are careless drivers and unsafe road conditions. Paying attention is the most important thing to do when entering an intersection. It only takes a momentary lapse of concentration to cause a deadly accident.
Driver distraction is a growing problem due to the increased use of smartphones. It’s illegal to use a handheld device while driving in Georgia, but a lot of drivers still use their cell phones to check messages, follow social media, and watch videos.
Drivers should never exceed the posted speed limit, and when people speed into intersections, it dramatically increases the chances that an accident will occur. With so many things happening at once, there simply isn’t enough time and space to react when drivers go too fast. Accidents caused by speeding motorists are much more likely to result in fatalities and catastrophic injuries.
Inadequate infrastructure is a major factor in many intersection collisions. When public officials fail to provide enough resources to maintain safe roads, it has serious consequences. Broken traffic lights, stop signs hidden by overgrown plants, and traffic signals at busy intersections that don’t have dedicated left-turn lanes are some of the most common issues that make intersections dangerous.
Circumstances that increase the likelihood that an intersection crash will occur include:
- Distracted driving
- Dangerous maneuvers
- Poor road maintenance
- Missing and obscured signs
- Inadequate intersection design
Common Intersection Accidents in Columbus, GA
Accidents that happen at intersections frequently cause fatalities and severe injuries. Common intersection accidents include:
- Left-turn accidents. It’s very difficult to estimate the speed of an oncoming vehicle. That’s why it’s so important to prepare to slow down when entering an intersection. Passenger-side occupants are especially vulnerable in left-turn collisions due to their placement and the fact that there are fewer reinforcements in the car to protect them.
- Rear-end crashes are usually caused by speeding drivers and drivers who fail to provide enough space to respond if the vehicle in front of them has to stop suddenly.
- Head-on collisions have extremely high fatality rates because the combined speed of both vehicles involved compounds the impact of the crash.
- Pedestrian crashes. A lot of drivers fail to respect the rights of pedestrians by making sure a crosswalk is empty before they enter an intersection to cross or turn. Unlike drivers and their passengers, pedestrians don’t have a reinforced cabin to protect them, and that’s why it’s crucial to watch out for them.
How Your Columbus Intersection Accident Attorney Can Help
After an intersection accident, you might not know where to turn for help. It’s important to find a Columbus car accident lawyer who knows how to get the best results, even if it means taking your case to trial. Butler Prather LLP has won over a billion dollars for accident victims. When the defendant’s attorneys see us sitting across the table, they know we mean business.
Butler Prather LLP relies on investigators and expert witnesses who have specialized knowledge in medicine, engineering, economics, forensics, and other fields related to the costs and causes of automobile crashes.
When our investigation is complete, Butler Prather LLP will file a claim or lawsuit against anyone who committed a negligent act that caused your injuries. This may include:
- Negligent drivers
- Business and social hosts that serve underage drivers
- Bars, restaurants, and others that continue to serve intoxicated drivers
- Public officials and contractors in charge of road maintenance
- Trucking and delivery companies that employ unsafe drivers
- Manufacturers of defective automobile components
Damages Available for Victims of Intersection Accidents
Intersection collisions cause severe injuries, including fractures, traumatic brain injury (TBI), amputations, and paralysis. In many cases, victims have to deal with a lifetime of disabilities and chronic pain. These accidents will seriously impair your quality of life, making it impossible to enjoy many of your favorite activities.
When Butler Prather LLP files a claim for a Columbus intersection accident, it includes the following types of damages:
- Current and future medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of income
- Occupational therapy
- Loss of consortium
- Reduced earning potential
- Medical devices
- Wheelchair ramps for your home
- Wrongful death
Have You Suffered Severe Injuries?
At Butler Prather LLP, our only commitment is to you. If you’ve been injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault, our Columbus injury attorneys are here to get justice on your behalf so that you can focus on recovering and caring for your family.
Reach out to us at (706) 322-1990 for a free consultation to learn more today.